Monday, September 11, 2006

Decoration Day

For reasons I've never bothered to learn, many in the War Party strongly dislike Google. Jonah Goldberg, for example, is upset that they have nothing commemorating 9/11 while Dogpile has a picture of a dog sitting behind some American flags. I don't know about Goldberg, but I already own American Flags -- I just use Google for searching on the web.

Goldberg even quotes a disgruntled ex-Googler:
It took me two minutes to switch from Google toolbar to Dogpile toolbar. The best part was that the Google uninstall page had a comments box asking why I was getting rid of their service. I let them know. Believe me, I let them know.


Oddly, neither Goldberg nor his correspondent seem to upset about the lack of decoration on the homepage of other search engines such as Yahoo! and Ask.com, and here's the crowning irony -- at NRO's the Corner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Jonah Goldberg must have a lot of free time.

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of right wing bloggers believe there may be some left liberal censorship going on at google. See item here as an example. Maybe google is doing this, maybe not, hard to tell for sure.