Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Onion

It hit me like a ton of bricks last night when President Bush resigned (in disgrace of course) last night and asked incoming President Kauffman to clean up the mess he made after the new president finished planting cabbage in the Whitehouse Rose Garden. But what really blew my mind was when Kathryn Jean Lopez and Rich Lowry announced that National Review is closing down. "After being so consistently and spectacularly wrong these last five years, we felt thate we could no longer . . . .
. . .

Sorry, I must have dozed off. Never mix bourbon and cough syrup. Maybe just one more time, I want to hear President Kauffman's front porch address to the nation . . .

2 comments:

Dennis Dale said...

I dreamt I woke up in early 2008 and saw the headlines:
Bush Says Farewell, No Word on Pardon
and
Cheney Begins Jail Term, Medical Waiver Denied

Alas

Patriciagden said...

I dreamt I woke up in early 2008 and saw the headlines: Bush Says Farewell, No Word on Pardon and Cheney Begins Jail Term, Medical Waiver Denied Alas