Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Boortz on Galloway

Neal Boortz needs to hire new people to put words in his mouth. Commenting on the Galloway tesitimony, he said, "he may be an eloquent speaker, but the facts are the facts: documents show Galloway was paid off by Saddam Hussein to the tune of millions of dollars. Galloway's response? The war in Iraq was wrong and was fought based on lies."

Yes, Galloway did say that, but Boortz implies that he did not forthrightly deny the charges against him, which he did. This transcript of his testimony has it in the very first sentence: "Senator, I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader. and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one - and neither has anyone on my behalf."

I have no idea who is telling the truth, but there is not doubt about Galloway's position. Neal Boortz should pay a little attention

No comments: