Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Crunchy Wars

I will in time have a review of Rod Dreher's Crunchy Cons. Let me just point out now, the it really seems to be making some people, particuarly Jonah Golberg, mad:
Moreover, Rod, I really think you need to practice what you preach a bit more. How you can tell me that I shouldn't dismiss Marxists out of hand when they have something useful to say, while your book serves as one long ad hominem against two dimensional, greedy, "mainstream conservatives" is really quite beyond me.

This is somewhat unfair. Dreher is critical of conservatives, but he makes arguments(not ad hominems) and much of his criticism includes himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IF it makes Jonah Goldberg MAD, then it makes me HAPPY! Jonah Goldberg and his buddies at NR represent international finance capitalism, and the internationalism and multiculturalism that goes along with it.